The Importance of the Annual Well-Woman Visit
Why you need an annual well-woman visit
Your annual well-woman visit is important. Several vital assessments take place during this visit, including a health check, a physical exam and health screenings.
The annual well-woman visit is a fundamental part of preventive care
You may wonder if you still need an annual well-woman visit if you no longer need a yearly Pap smear. Our Austin obgyns provide you with five reasons why you need to schedule this visit.
- Preventive healthcare is vital to your quality of life. The old saying “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” is still true today. Preventive care helps our Austin obgyns discover risk factors for certain diseases and educate you about a healthy lifestyle.
- During your annual well-woman visit, our Austin obgyns assess your overall health. Our physicians care about more than your reproductive health. We’re concerned about every aspect of your health, including blood pressure, heart problems and diabetes.
- This appointment provides an opportunity to discuss and assess your reproductive health. Every year, your reproductive health needs may change. For example, you may want to reassess your birth control options, discuss preconception planning or the symptoms of menopause.
- Your annual visit is the perfect time to build a trusting relationship with our physicians. Your health depends on you providing complete and honest information to our Austin obgyns during your annual well-woman visit. Talking about intimate subjects becomes easier when you see our physicians annually and develop a trusting partnership.
- During your annual well-woman visit, our staff and physicians discuss and provide essential health screenings. Our Austin obgyns generally perform a Pap smear, along with an HPV test, every five years for women between the ages of 30 and 65, but it varies from patient to patient. Our physicians also provide the following screenings as needed:
Make us part of your annual plans every year
Now that you know how important an annual well-woman visit is for your overall health, it’s time to contact us to schedule your appointment. Our staff and caring team of Austin obgyns are here to help you achieve your best health.
| Annual Wellness Breast Cancer Awareness Health Women Partners in Health