Our physicians provide world-class fertility services
Our Austin obgyns help women conceive by providing comprehensive fertility services, including preconception planning, fertility evaluation, fertility testing and certain fertility treatment options. Our physicians offer individualized treatment plans for each woman.
Preconception planning appointments are available for any woman who is ready to conceive. Our physicians discuss several topics, including how to optimize natural fertility. This visit is also when we review a woman’s personal and family history. An important aspect of fertility services is finding out if there are any genetic disorders in the family or other medical issues that could affect a pregnancy.
Our fertility services can help identify problems
Women who are having trouble conceiving should see our Austin obgyns for fertility services. The following guidelines help women determine when to seek a fertility evaluation:
- Women under age 35 should make an appointment if they have not conceived after one year of trying.
- Women age 35 or older should make this appointment after six months.
- Women with conditions that raise their risk of fertility problems, such as pelvic inflammatory disease, fibroid, irregular cycles, over 40 years old, endometriosis or PCOS, should make an appointment as soon as they want to attempt pregnancy.
A fertility evaluation consists of a number of tests to determine the best fertility treatment for a patient. Blood testing is one method our physicians use to evaluate ovarian reserve and other hormones that affect fertility.
Ovarian reserve testing provides our physicians with information about a woman’s remaining egg supply. Other tests measure levels of hormones necessary for optimal fertility.
Fertility problems can be caused by issues that occur in both males and females. Our Austin obgyns can order a semen analysis for men as part of our fertility evaluation.
Certain fertility tests help identify physical and structural problems
Our experienced physicians can perform tests that identify issues, including fibroids and blockages in the Fallopian tubes, which may be causing fertility problems.
- Transvaginal ultrasounds and sonohysterography are ultrasound procedures that can identify ovarian or uterine abnormalities, including fibroids and polyps.
- Hysterosalpingogram is an x-ray exam with contrast dye. Our physicians order this test if they suspect there is a blockage in the Fallopian tubes.
- Hysteroscopy and laparoscopy are minimally invasive surgical procedures that provide our surgeons with an excellent view of the uterus and pelvic cavity, allowing for diagnosis and treatment of polyps, fibroids and adhesions.
Our Austin obgyns offer basic fertility treatment options
As part of our fertility services, our Austin obgyns can provide patients with basic fertility treatment options, including advice about lifestyle changes and medications to regulate ovulation. Our physicians can also perform surgery to correct structural abnormalities that may be causing infertility. Women who need advice about infertility and conception should contact us for an appointment.